Netsimco, is a Saalex company located in Middletown, RI. Saalex is an Engineering and Information Technology Services company providing Cyber Security, Information Technology, Strategic Operations Research, Wargaming, Training and Education, Range Operations and Management, Engineering and Logistics Services, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Services to an array of government agencies across every warfare domain.
This position requires a system administrator candidate with 3-5 years’ experience in an IT related field with a background in Microsoft Windows, Office 365 and VMware support. The candidate should have, or be pursuing, an IT-related degree. Duties consists of working with the IT and IA staff to support the infrastructure and developer networks, as well as supporting end-user software and hardware needs. The candidate will play an important role in maintaining servers, applications, laptop provisioning, vulnerability management, and onboarding new employees and assets.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and patch all servers
- Manage Virtual Machine environment
- Support developer network and applications
- Manage Atlassian servers
- Support end-user related issues.
- Administer, install, and troubleshoot Windows operating systems
- Configure software and resolve technical problems.
- Support end-user technology needs, including email printing and application services
- Documentation of policies and procedures as well as end-user guides and training materials
- Position is full time and located in Middletown RI (May require some afterhours work)
What Qualities and Skills Will You Bring?
- 3-5 years of experience in windows operating system support
- Experience managing virtual machine environment
- Associates degree or equivalent training in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technology skills
- Good understanding of Network fundamentals
- Strong understanding of Active Directory
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Able to take direction as well as the desire to take initiative
- Able to work with hands for minor facility repair/improvement needs
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret-level security clearance with the US Government
Additional Skills of Interest (not required)
- SharePoint management experience
- CompTIA Security+ Certificate
- Experience with Information Technology and Information Security frameworks, including NIST 800-171 and NIST 800-53
- Experience hardening information systems using Security Technical Implementation Guides