Jr. System Administrator
Netsimco is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing IT, Network/Systems Engineering, Application Development, and Audio-Visual to DOD customers, including Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Undersea Warfighting Development Center; US Naval War College, US Army, and Naval Postgraduate School.
- Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following command procedures and policies
- Provide PC computer compliance and technical support for Windows 10, Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019, software and peripherals; and support maintenance of internal custom applications
- Routine hardware set up, troubleshooting and replacement; software installation and evaluation; and use of various spreadsheet, word processing and database application programs
- Perform virus detection and cleaning
- Routine research and implementation of compliance solutions in strict accordance with established guidelines
- Provide accurate and timely logging of support requests and resolutions in the HelpDesk application, which is the primary tracking tool for all forms of technical support at NWC
- Contribute to technical support documentation of resolutions, processes, and procedures
- Able and willing to learn new, as well as existing technologies
- Be a contributing member of a Technical Team
- Excellent communication skills required
- Capable of demonstrating knowledge of PC hardware, applications software and peripherals
- Ability and skills to provide routine troubleshooting for hardware and software in a networked environment
- Must have experience with automated update utilities and Microsoft Windows 10 and Server 2012R2/2016/2019 and Microsoft Office
- Candidate must be certified (CompTIA A+ CE and Microsoft Operating System)
- High school diploma with 5 years’ experience or Associates Degree in a Technical Field
- Routinely moves and transports equipment weighing up to 25 lbs. from one location to another
- Ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government; active security clearance preferred
- COVID19 Vaccine required.
Netsimco is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. As an EEO/AA employer, Netsimco complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practice laws. Netsimco prohibits any discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including transgender or transsexual individuals), age, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
|Job Category||Naval War College|