Netsimco is a Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing IT, Network/Systems Engineering, Application Development, Audio-Visual to DOD customers, including Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Undersea Warfighting Development Center; US Naval War College, US Army, and Naval Postgraduate School.
Database Administrator overview:
The DBA will coordinate with our Web Development Branch and System Administration Branch to verify how data is stored, consumed, integrated, and managed by different data entities, systems, and applications. The DBA will coordinate with Web Developers to verify design, creation, and deployment of databases, and development of custom post game reports. The DBA will ensure all SQL servers meet DoD Security Technical Implementation Guideline (STIG) requirements.
Specific Tasks for the DBA will include:
- Working with System Administrators to install latest SQL on all gaming networks in a load balanced architecture.
- Work with System Administrators and Web Developers to ensure all SQL Servers meet DoD security implementation guidelines.
- Working with Web Developers to migrate all existing databases to the latest SQL servers.
- Examine table structure, stored procedures, user functions, and user/account groups, and work with Web Developers to configure for optimal operation.
- Create scalable, load-balanced architecture for web apps; allow many to one mirroring that can be adjusted depending on game size.
- Assist with development of graceful failure of architecture and emergency plans/scripts for SQL server failure.
DOD clearance preferred.
Netsimco offers an excellent compensation package and comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, and 401(k).
As an EOE/AA employer, Netsimco will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
|Job Category||Naval War College|