Netsimco is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing IT, Network/Systems Engineering, Application Development, and Audio-Visual to DOD customers, including Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Undersea Warfighting Development Center; US Naval War College, US Army, and Naval Postgraduate School.
The Network Engineer to provide support for an existing government program.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate existing network designs and determine appropriate security monitoring strategy
- Collect and evaluate appropriate metrics to design/configure/tailor network security monitoring tools
- Configure Cisco and Arista networking devices
- Identify solutions to potential network issues
- Provide hands-on technical expertise to prepare network equipment
- Communicate technical procedures and processes to non-technical users
- Oversee the preparation and development all related documentation
- Collaborate on problem management and root cause analysis of any problems identified during testing or post-deployment in the Fleet.
- 5+ years of Network Security experience
- Qualified candidates should possess a minimum CCNP or CCNA certification and CASP certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology skills is preferred or sufficient directly related experience to perform the requirements of the job
- Strong understanding of networking and network protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, SNMP, VLAN, Switches, Routers, Firewalls and other internetworking technologies)
- Strong understanding of Cisco and Arista Routing and Switching
- Experience using open source network security monitoring tools (e.g. Snort, Suricata, Bro)
- Ability to perform NetFlow/sFlow/ packet capture (PCAP) analysis
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD Secret Clearance.
Netsimco is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. As an EEO/AA employer, Netsimco complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practice laws. Netsimco prohibits any discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including transgender or transsexual individuals), age, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.