The System Administrator is responsible for assisting in daily operations of computer network systems including workstation, file servers, and web servers. System Administrators maintain, troubleshoot, and implement network security tools including firewalls, anti-virus, and intrusion detection services. System Administrators will also train staff on software applicable to their position, assists customers with information technology, monitors system configuration, and provides instruction on computers and applications.
- Analyzes, develops, operates, and maintains software libraries and catalogs.
- Provides support and direction for user groups in the use of the software/hardware systems and programs to support an integrated system.
- Establishes and implements system policy, procedures, and standards, and ensures their conformance with information systems goals and procedures.
- Ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced.
- Provides logistics support and training in the effective use of automated systems and data communications.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems.
- Performs system backups and recovery.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Bachelor’s level degree or equivalent experience required in Electrical, Electronic, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Systems.
- System Administration: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Security+ (Required)
- Linux (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
As an EOE/AA employer, Netsimco will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.