Netsimco is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing IT, Network/Systems Engineering, Application Development, Audio-Visual to DOD customers, including Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Undersea Warfighting Development Center; US Naval War College, US Army, and Naval Postgraduate School.
Service Desk Technician
Technology firm seeks IT Help Desk Technician for DoD customer in Newport, RI to provide day-to-day Tier I support in an academic environment.
The ideal candidate will have two years’ experience in IT customer support including but not limited to:
- Setup, configure, maintain and operate service monitoring databases.
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution with hardware, software applications and wireless problems by troubleshooting, recovering, adjusting, modifying and improving IT systems.
- Experienced use of automated tools to track problem resolution and to perform trend analysis to identify issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of operating systems, application software, network infrastructure, network protocols, and be familiar with best practices as defined by Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of Help Desk Information Security for various computer platforms, networks, and software applications.
- Ability to lift PC, printers, and other hardware as required.
Certifications Required: CompTIA A+ce or higher and Operating Environment certification
Education Desired: Two-year degree in a technology-related field
Netsimco is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. As an EEO/AA employer, Netsimco complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practice laws. Netsimco prohibits any discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including transgender or transsexual individuals), age, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
|Job Category||Naval War College|