Netsimco is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing IT, Network/Systems Engineering, Application Development, Audio-Visual to DOD customers, including Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Undersea Warfighting Development Center; US Naval War College, US Army, and Naval Postgraduate School. We seek an Instructional Systems Specialist for a DoD customer in Newport, RI, working with faculty to create, edit, and import course work into Blackboard Learning Management Systems.
General Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide curriculum design, development, and launch support for all electronically delivered classes.
- Provide technical assistance and resources for faculty in using/maximizing electronic platforms in use for online courses; converts hard copy instructional materials and digital instructional media (Word, PowerPoint, images, video, audio, etc.) to an effective electronic format appropriate to enhance student learning.
- Create and perform updates to CDE content on college websites.
- Participate in course-related meetings providing input on capabilities and limitations of systems.
- Identify and apply new resources to support online course development.
- Maintain current knowledge of online teaching technology to enhance the learning process and make recommendations for purchase, enhancement of current technology
- Provide technical support to education faculty and distance education students.
- Experience with a Learning Management System. Blackboard LMS experience is strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with instructional authoring software such as Articulate 360, Adobe Captivate, Storyline, Camtasia
- Experience with video production and graphic design using industry-standard technologies such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Familiarity with HTML, HTML5, Adobe Dreamweaver a plus
- Conversant in adult learning methodologies
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks
- Ability to work interdependently and independently with minimum supervision
- Ability to work collaboratively within an academic community
The ideal candidate will have a BA/BS in instructional design, education, design, or digital media production-related fields, plus two years of relevant experience associated with distance education software, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
Excellent benefits and compensation commensurate with experience. Must be able to acquire and maintain a DOD security clearance. AA/EEO employer.
|Job Category||Naval War College|