VMWARE/VDI SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Netsimco is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing IT, Network/Systems Engineering, Application Development, Audio-Visual to DOD customers, including Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Undersea Warfighting Development Center; US Naval War College, US Army, and Naval Postgraduate School.
Possesses in-depth knowledge and experience in managing various system administration duties in a large Windows 2012R2/2016/2019 server environment. Specifically, responsible for system administration for VMWARE ESX 6X or higher and VMWare Virtual Center environment with VDI delivery to our end users.
- Work with other team members to ensure operational stability for high available computing in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Ensure Windows Server and Desktop O/S integrity for vulnerability and patch management, while working in a VMWare environment, along with the VDI delivery to our end users and Help Desk agents.
- Prioritize and troubleshoot issues related to performance, authentication, and access in a cross-platform environment.
- Work closely with the SME’s and Application owners on process and availability of infrastructure services.
- Create and modify processes and technical documentation that consists of deployment, patching, test and validation along with performance and resource reports on a regular basis.
- Coordinate through Engineering Review Boards the Plan and Schedule for the patch release of software and operating system updates as required.
- Communicate with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, leads, subject matter experts, etc.).
- Capture technical issues from our customers and create solutions to the team be successful in our support service offerings.
- BS degree in computer science or 12 years of related experience and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in systems administration operations, to include patching servers, backups, permission management, networking infrastructure services and security. Tier 1 and Tier II Windows Server and Desktop support, along with working in a VMware enterprise environment is required.
- A current Microsoft certification (MCITP-Server Administrator) in Windows 2012R2, 2016, 2019 or a VMware vSphere Certification
- A current CompTIA Security+ with CE
This is considered an emerging Tier 2 level position. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of the Installation, configuration and maintenance of an enterprise VMWare and VDI systems
- Requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles and techniques of Windows Server and Desktop operating system, along with VMWare 6 or higher in an enterprise operations environment.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated experience with 6-10 years of managing Windows systems in an enterprise production environment using VMWare
- Demonstrated experience with 5 years of Virtual Desktop deployment strategies
- Familiarity with Windows server 2012 or better and Windows 10 desktop platforms.
- Experience with comprehensive understanding of Windows Active Directory, Groups and Policies
- Ability to self-direct, while coordinating with others to complete team project tasking’s and investigate issues under limited supervision
- Knowledge of or ability to learn server driven applications and databases
- Knowledge of or ability to learn established security and availability management policies
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills, to include building and maintaining interdepartmental relationships
DOD clearance preferred. Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government; active security clearance preferred
Netsimco offers an excellent compensation package and comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, and 401(k).
As an EOE/AA employer, Netsimco will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.