VMWARE/VDI SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
Netsimco is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing IT, Network/Systems Engineering, Application Development, Audio-Visual to DOD customers, including Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Undersea Warfighting Development Center; US Naval War College, US Army, and Naval Postgraduate School.
Possesses in-depth knowledge and experience in managing various system administration duties in a large Windows 2012R2/2016/2019 server environment. Specifically, responsible for system administration for VMWARE ESX 6X or higher and VMWare Virtual Center environment with VDI delivery to our end users.
- Work with other team members to ensure operational stability for high available computing in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Ensure Windows Server and Desktop O/S integrity for vulnerability and patch management, while working in a VMWare environment, along with the VDI delivery to our end users and Help Desk agents.
- Prioritize and troubleshoot issues related to performance, authentication, and access in a cross-platform environment.
- Work closely with the SME’s and Application owners on process and availability of infrastructure services.
- Create and modify processes and technical documentation that consists of deployment, patching, test and validation along with performance and resource reports on a regular basis.
- Coordinate through Engineering Review Boards the Plan and Schedule for the patch release of software and operating system updates as required.
- Communicate with colleagues across multiple areas (project managers, leads, subject matter experts, etc.).
- Capture technical issues from our customers and create solutions to the team be successful in our support service offerings.
- BS degree in computer science or 12 years of related experience and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in systems administration operations, to include patching servers, backups, permission management, networking infrastructure services and security. Tier 1 and Tier II Windows Server and Desktop support, along with working in a VMware enterprise environment is required.
- A current Microsoft certification (MCITP-Server Administrator) in Windows 2012R2, 2016, 2019 or a VMware vSphere Certification
- A current CompTIA Security+ with CE
This is considered an emerging Tier 2 level position. The candidate should have a thorough understanding of the Installation, configuration and maintenance of an enterprise VMWare and VDI systems
- Requires working knowledge of and ability to apply standards, principles and techniques of Windows Server and Desktop operating system, along with VMWare 6 or higher in an enterprise operations environment.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated experience with 6-10 years of managing Windows systems in an enterprise production environment using VMWare
- Demonstrated experience with 5 years of Virtual Desktop deployment strategies
- Familiarity with Windows server 2012 or better and Windows 10 desktop platforms.
- Experience with comprehensive understanding of Windows Active Directory, Groups and Policies
- Ability to self-direct, while coordinating with others to complete team project tasking’s and investigate issues under limited supervision
- Knowledge of or ability to learn server driven applications and databases
- Knowledge of or ability to learn established security and availability management policies
- Proven excellent interpersonal skills, to include building and maintaining interdepartmental relationships
DOD clearance preferred. Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government; active security clearance preferred
Netsimco offers an excellent compensation package and comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, and 401(k).
Netsimco is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. As an EEO/AA employer, Netsimco complies with all applicable federal, state and local fair employment practice laws. Netsimco prohibits any discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including transgender or transsexual individuals), age, sexual orientation, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.