Netsimco is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing IT, Network/Systems Engineering, Application Development, Audio-Visual to DOD customers, including Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Undersea Warfighting Development Center; US Naval War College, US Army, and Naval Postgraduate School. We seek an Instructional Systems Specialist for a DoD customer in Newport, RI, working with faculty to create, edit, and import course work into Blackboard Learning Management Systems. General Duties include but are not limited to:
- Provide curriculum design, development, and launch support for all electronically delivered classes.
- Provide technical assistance and resources for faculty in using/maximizing electronic platforms in use for online courses; converts hard copy instructional materials and digital instructional media (Word, PowerPoint, images, video, audio, etc.) to an effective electronic format appropriate to enhance student learning.
- Create and perform updates to CDE content on college websites.
- Participate in course-related meetings providing input on capabilities and limitations of systems.
- Identify and apply new resources to support online course development.
- Maintain current knowledge of online teaching technology to enhance the learning process and make recommendations for purchase, enhancement of current technology
- Provide technical support to education fa
Netsimco is a Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing IT, Network/Systems Engineering, Application Development, Audio-Visual to DOD customers, including US Naval War College, Naval Undersea Warfare Center, and Undersea Warfighting Development Center. Database Administrator overview: The DBA will coordinate with our Web Development Branch and System Administration Branch to verify how data is stored, consumed, integrated, and managed by different data entities, systems, and applications. The DBA will coordinate with Web Developers to verify design, creation, and deployment of databases, and development of custom post game reports. The DBA will ensure all SQL servers meet DoD Security Technical Implementation Guideline (STIG) requirements. Specific Tasks for the DBA will include:
- Working with System Administrators to install latest SQL on all gaming networks in a load balanced architecture.
- Work with System Administrators and Web Developers to ensure all SQL Servers meet DoD security implementation guidelines.
- Working with Web Developers to migrate all existing databases to the latest SQL servers.
- Examine table structure, stored procedures, user functions, and user/account groups, and work with Web Developers to configure for optimal operation.
- Create scalable, load-balanced architecture for web apps; allow many to one mirroring that can be adjusted depending on game size.
VMWARE/VDI SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR Netsimco is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business providing IT, Network/Systems Engineering, Application Development, Audio-Visual to DOD customers, including Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Undersea Warfighting Development Center; US Naval War College, US Army, and Naval Postgraduate School. Job Description Possesses in-depth knowledge and experience in managing various system administration duties in a large Windows 2012R2/2016/2019 server environment. Specifically, responsible for system administration for VMWARE ESX 6X or higher and VMWare Virtual Center environment with VDI delivery to our end users. Primary Responsibilities
- Work with other team members to ensure operational stability for high available computing in a 24x7x365 environment.
- Ensure Windows Server and Desktop O/S integrity for vulnerability and patch management, while working in a VMWare environment, along with the VDI delivery to our end users and Help Desk agents.
- Prioritize and troubleshoot issues related to performance, authentication, and access in a cross-platform environment.
- Work closely with the SME's and Application owners on process and availability of infrastructure services.
- Create and modify processes and technical documentation that consists of deployment, patching, test and validation along with performance and resource report
Seeking Operations Specialist for the Naval War College. The Operations Specialist provides general and specialized military expertise in the planning functions. Education/ Qualification: Bachelors required, MA/MS Preferred. Experience: 15 years of Surface Warfare/Intelligence experience, to include: Information Operations/ cyber, or Warfare qualification/background, Organizational management Knowledge of conops, tactics, threat capabilities, targeting, sensor/collection techniques, targeting priorities, operational planning, execution and assessment, and operations analysis. Joint Professional Military Education or experience in joint military operations desired. Experience with doctrine, missions, functions, tasks and military processes, exercise design, scenario development a plus. Must be able to acquire and maintain a DOD security clearance. As an EOE/AA employer, Netsimco will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status. Job Type: Full-time
Fast growing technology firm seeks Computer System Analyst for the Naval War College. The Computer System Analyst provides services in system administration and support with specialized experience. A minimum three years desktop and/or systems administration support experience, including hands on experience in systems design, installation, configuration and administration, including direct experience in building and configuring VLANs and maintenance of firewalls,IDS/IPS, VoIP, and VPNs. One year experience managing Cisco Unified Call Manager for VOIP installation.
- Test and evaluation of hardware and software
- Work in an agile development team to meet project milestones.
- Develop thin client images in a provision server environment
- Manage and maintain Linux/UNIX and Windows based operating systems in a VMWare environment
- Provide systems administration support of intranet
- Experience with network switches
- Modification of open source applications to meet customer requirements
- Participate in technical and program meetings.
- Research, identify, and evaluate new technologies.
- Experience with PHP, ASP.NET
- Experience with MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
This position is located in Newport Rhode Island. The following is a description (not all inclusive) of work performed by a Wargaming Specialist:
Provide general and specialized military expertise in the war fighting functions. Performs design, development, execution and analysis of military war games based on the theory and practice of wargaming, and best practices for war game design and adjudication. Performs as a facilitator for seminar and operational war games.
Perform as study team member, war gamer, subject matter expert, or scenario developer with intelligence related tasks that may include but not limited to: preparation and presentation of briefings; preparation of technical reports and documentation; coordination and preparation for meetings and workshops; and assessment of military capabilities; and data research and development.
Education/ Qualification: Bachelors required, MA/MS Preferred.
Experience: 15 years Naval or Air military operational/intelligence experience, to include: Warfare qualification; knowledge of organizational management, conops, tactics, threat capabilities, targeting, sensor/collection techniques, targeting, operational planning, execution and assessment, and operations analysis. Joint Professional Military Education or experience in joint military operations desired. Experience with doctrine, missions, functions, tasks and military processes, exercise design, scenario development a plus. Must possess and maintain a DOD secu
- Coordinate and manage teams working on technical projects and manage/supervise personnel supporting those projects.
- Manage program requirements, including customer relations, staffing and funding.
- Work with customer and v